Sunday, November 18, 2007

WEDDING WEEKEND

I'd love to tell you all about it, and show pictures, but to tell you the truth, I'M EXAUSTED. The weather was beautiful. The bride & groom were beautiful.

We had help from so many family and friends that made it all possible (All of our kids, Calvin Callaway family, Gordon Marx family, Roundys, Jones', Shields family). Thank you! We couldn't have done it without you guys. Set up took about 7 hours, clean-up just over 1 hour. We were driving away at 10:15 p.m.

If you came to the beginning of the reception, thanks for putting up with the strobe lights and warning message to evacuate the building. I really tried to plan for and cover all the details, this is one thing I didn't imagine happening. :) What's a wedding reception w/out the fire department showing up?!

The luncheon was awesome. After staying as Jenn & Jordan took pictures at the temple, helping her get out of her dress, I was driving to the building-My eyes were watering because my head was pounding so hard - my throat was on fire because I was so thirsty - my feet were killing me, I walked into the luncheon and it looked so beautiful, and the food was terrific and there was extra strength tylenol in my purse, I was feeling great 15 minutes later.


I can't wait to see Candace's pictures she clicked away through many memory cards all day. I have just a few shots I managed to take and from a Shields family friend, Staphanie Rapp. Here's a sneak peak till I put more together:
Jenn was so excited when Heather finished her hair, she wanted to see how it looked with her dress on. I was nervous. It was 9:47. Jordan was supposed to be here at 10. He has front door walk-in priviledges. What if he's a few minutes early? I didn't want him to walk in while she was in her dress.

Just in time. Dress back in the bag just as Jordan arrived.









5 comments:

Heidi said...

Jenn looks so beautiful! Did Heather Lantz do her hair...it looks so good. I can't wait to see more pictures! It sounds like an amazing day.

Jill Johnson said...

So pretty!! The reception was beautiful even with the extra DJ strobe lights. I can't wait to see more pics!! Good job Kim. It is fun to see a wedding done right!

Kara said...

Those are great pictures. I can't wait to see the rest of them. Especially the ones of Scott :) It was a fun time! The reception was awesome!

Jenn Shields said...

Thanks mom & dad! The reception (fire party) was a blast! It turned out so nice and everything I ever imagined! Jordan and I can't thank you enough. You pull off one awesome shindig. We love you! Mahalo, and Aloha!

Jenn Shields said...

Thanks mom & dad! The reception (fire party) was a blast! It turned out so nice and everything I ever imagined! Jordan and I can't thank you enough. You pull off one awesome shindig. We love you! Mahalo, and Aloha!