Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I've noticed several other bloggers do Thankful Thursdays, I've read them the past couple of months and thought that was really cool. This would be a good week to start that. So for Thankful Thursday on a Wednesday evening here are a few things I'm thankful for this week:
  • That we could fast for rain. I was nervous with the whole Las Vegas Valley fasting for rain. I'm not going to lie, my prayers included the line, 'can we just have a little 6-hour window of non-rain on November 17th.' I'm looking forward to the rain.
  • Bun warmers in my car. I ask my seminary kids a question on the sign-in sheet every morning. Back in September one of the questions was "When will it get cold enough for me to turn on the seat warmers in my car?" November 21st is pretty darn late in the season, but this morning it felt great.
  • The wax spray that is put on apples. I bought 6 red delicious apples today for cranberry salad. They look so pretty sitting on my counter.
  • Food processors, KitchenAid mixers, ovens with timers.
  • My family.

And now, my favorite Thanksgiving song:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

I love Adam Sandler's turkey song. See ya Thrusday.

Anonymous said...

thanksgiving is the most over rated holiday of the year. --Brian