Saturday, March 12, 2011

What My Garden Looks Like
March 12 - Part II

Upcoming Projects

To prove that pictures can be angled to show all the best in life, I present to you my projects around the yard to take on the next two weeks or so.


First up:  Repaint the back wall to remove all graffiti.  We came over here in December so that the loser teenagers would stop using our property as the hangout and canvass for their boredom.  It has worked.  We haven't had any issues since we've moved in.  It wouldn't be so bad if it was 'real' in the hood artwork, like maybe for instance something like this:


but no, we have bored teenagers just trying to figure out how to spell their names and curse.  So the back wall needs to be painted.

Next up:  This is the area where the chicken coop is going.  It needs to be cleaned out.  that is a big rusted metal something or other in the middle of the picture.  There's lots of trash on the ground to clean up.  We've made several trips to the dump already.  I could walk around today and fill up Ron's trailer, but he has it at a job site.

Finally, this one is really bugging me:  We've done a lot of dead-tree clearing in the last two months.  A lot of cutting up logs and breaking up branches for firewood.  Most of what we've done so far, we burned as our winter warmth.  There is a pile of logs that were a live tree we trimmed that are stacked for next year.  This tree happens to be one Ron dragged home from a demolition site.  it's smack dab in the middle of my backyard and I want the pile gone.  Then see the tree trunk in the upper right corner?  That's a huge dead tree that has to come down.  Oh, man.  This is a lot of work.  But it must get done.

But wait, there's more: 


The fence around the garden needs to be painted black.  I had a lone can of spray paint with a little in it and I check it out and yep, it will look good.  So before the corn grows I would like the fence to be painted.  I'm also on the hunt for a cute old-fashioned garden gate.

I'll report back in a couple of weeks and let you know how I'm doing in the project department.

No comments: