Sunday, August 03, 2008

Whoo Whoo ! That's it and That's all.

A new post, Hollar! I'm sure you're all getting tired of looking at old pictures of Ron & I. So much to catch up on. Let's start with the garden. I grew up with wise counsel from President Kimball admonishing us to grow a garden and stories about the $5 tomatoes. Here's our attempt this year. Dispite the great Las Vegas soil and WIND, and more WIND, and more WIND in an unsheltered plot of land, we've been able to get some plants to grow from seeds! It might look pathetic to seasoned gardners, but we tried. I've at least been able to feed the wild rabbits and crickets.

Ron took a motorcycle trip with his brother and friends. They went up to the Paiute Trail in Utah near Beaver. He came home and found YouTube videos to show me what the trails were like. He also took a few pictures.

A GPS unit, and an old fashioned map and they still don't know which way to turn!

Ron also installed some cabinets in our office. I think it turned out great. Time to start on another wall! The best part is the flat screen tv. I have it hooked up so that I can also use it as a computer monitor when other's in the room come in to see something on the computer. It works great!

To give you a glimpse in our crazy weird family - I present to you two of our all-time favorite YouTube videos. This obsession started last March when Brad posted a reference. During Sunday dinner I told the kids they should hook my laptop up to the big screen tv and watch the video Brad found. This lead to a YouTube viewing fest of everybody's weird finds on YouTube. Now - with the flat screen in the office, all can comfortably gather round to see what's so funny. (blueprints that are emailed to us show up nicely too...)

So you can get a laugh for the moment here are our favorites:









"I wanna know where the gold is..."










"It's just for decoration - that's it and that's all"
"That's only in the morn'in. You s'posed to be up cookin' breakfast for someone. That's like an alarm clock. Whoo-whoo"

How could you not crack up about this. Our family now pays a lot closer attention to crazy newscasts. And if you didn't get a chuckle out of these, well, you just probably wouldn't enjoy Sunday dinner around here.

More updates to follow.

No comments: