Monday, August 11, 2008

[Photography] is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever . . . it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
-Aaron Siskind

I have been going through photos lately to give the kids copies. I loved our photographer for Jenn's wedding. I would definately recommend her to anyone. Many have asked to see some of the shots. The above grouping is not the 'standard' poses. Believe me, we have plenty of those, and they are beautiful. This was a group of several shots that caught my eye as I was going through 6 discs totaling 6,000 shots. (No, that wasn't a typo) Here's what I loved - take a shot of our fam for example, Candice was shooting, her assistant was shooting, the other assistant was ready with lighting help and looking to make sure men's ties were right, dress was fanned out, everybody was looking the right direction, catching the kid's attention. Get back the pictures and there's probably 20 frames of that one pose. But it's amazing in those 20 frames the variations you get, and somewhere in there you have everybody's eyes open, looking at the camera and smiling.
What I loved even more were the random shots. Some of my favorites: Ron's hand on Jenn's back in the daddy/daughter dance. Kara lifting up Hallie - I call that picture the velvet tushy. Hallie just ready to burst into tears between her parents. Drew so excited to tell Grandpa something (another one that if you see all 20 frames - it chronicles the whole conversation - perfect Drew expressions.) The tender moments between parents and baby - Drew & Charlie. Jenn's cousin Carlee playing with the veil as Jenn talks to someone else - isn't that what the night was all about, inspiring the younger ones to get married in the temple? And the pastries - yummy!
So here's to Candace Simpson at Elegant Images. (For all you people in EUROPE and the east coast that google her name and company - I assume getting recommendations before booking her) Thank you, Thank you - I loved the pictures.
And why, you might ask, am I posting at 12:37 a.m.? Because 6,000 miles away, Scott is in an airport in Sao Paulo. He boards a flight at 1:00 a.m. our time. He'll fly for an hour to arrive in Belo Horizonte. So here I wait, watching Olympic coverage, blogging, and silently praying for his safe travel....just staying up to make sure he arrives safely (and to answer the phone in case he has permission to call from the airport)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Candace's work is AMAZING. I especially enjoyed the pictures of the dessert table - those look so good right about now!

Shelly said...

love the pix! don't you love how they do it nowadays? I had to get out my old photos for a camp slideshow, ... and can I say, what a difference! Just a big long "reception line" of girls in dresses they'll never wear again and guys in baby blue tuxes, and a few stiff poses of the bride and groom. oh, well, I guess that's why they are tucked safely in a drawer....