Monday, August 04, 2008

Oh, Scotty.


There are times when I totally forget that Scott's gone. This is the third time I've done this since he left 7 weeks ago. I never finish off my fries. In the past this was never a problem becuase I would bring them home and put them on the counter till Scott got home. Scott would come along, sprinkle cheese over the top and put them in the microwave and eat them. Fries never went to waste. Today I drove thru Del Taco, ate my burrito and a few fries. When I got home, I thought to myself, 'I'll just leave the rest of these fries for Scotty.' I get all the way into the house before I realize that he's not coming home tonight to finish them off.

He sent this picture of Sao Paulo from the roof of the MTC:


And this picture from the MTC laundry room. This may be the first time I've ever seen him in a laundry room, even if he is writing letters! It must be the rinse cycle.

There's a few other pictures on his mission blog. If the picture of him in a tie in the laundry room seem unnatural, then this post (arrow down a bit) might remind you of the Scotty we all remember.

I'm so proud of Scott's willingness to serve. Can you believe it - he's speaking Portuguese!!! He leaves the MTC (or CTM in Brazil) next Tuesday. The grand adventure in Belo Horizonte begins.

No comments: