Wednesday, August 20, 2008

From the Great State of Texas



My niece, Amanda, joined us last week for a visit. She finally could fit us in between summer and fall semesters. Amanda is going to school at Texas Tech in Lubbock. B.C. (before college) she grew up in Watagua/H.E.B. (Hurst, Euless, Bedford) area. We tried to fit a lot of Vegas in a short visit.

We went to Jenn's house to observe her 'learn' how to etch glass baking dishes since she is hosting Enrichment meeting for Relief Society at her house this week. Last count, 28 women had signed up. Good thing the example came out o.k. She's now a pro.


Charlie just looks darn cute in anybody's arms.


Friday lunch at Macayos.
Friday night, all girls went to see Mama Mia. It was a fun, silly movie!

Saturday morning Amanda's boyfriend, Taylor, flew in. He heard we lived in the desert...and he loves cactus. Think I'm exagerating? Check this out.
Taylor found a cactus nursery here in Las Vegas on the internet...who knew? After a trip to Ethel M's cactus gardens, we checked out the local nursery. Cactus
cactus,
and more cactus.
Taylor was a happy camper.
We had a wonderful BBQ at Matt & Ashley's. Drew convinced Amanda to bounce him. and bounce. and bounce.

Saturday night on the Strip. And Amanda snuck in this picture of me playing my harp. I think it's the only one that exists.
Thanks for coming! You 'all come back now.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

H.E.B.? That's my old stompin' grounds!!

Kim, I didn't know you played the harp!

Kara said...

Ethel M's. Mmmmmm.... Did you get any chocolate?

Jenn Shields said...

I love that Taylor is addicted to Cacti. That cracks me up!

Chattin said...

I know right? What 20 year old kid has all these cacti he is so serious about. He buys them off ebay! And does trades too! "Trade you my cactus for yours, it's a blah blah blah kind" lol! Well that was a funny post =) I'll make sure he reads this one. He had a great time and so did I! =) No chocolate at Ethels. Well samples.

Chattin said...

Oh and I had a couple of customers come through my line today and ask where I got my nails done. hehe. 8-) And in the cacti pic that Tay and I are both in, I'm prob saying, I don't care, jus pick one!

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

I miss them, it is always fun to see Amanda.

Jennie Z said...

I didn't know you played the harp. Very neat! I have to say being in Vegas for 5 years I never took a picture with a cactus. Funny that he was so into it!

Kara said...

You should go visit Tucson. There's more cacti there than in Vegas!