Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thanks for all your guesses!

I'm so bad at these guesses, I wasn't even close. But neither were many of you. I thought it was going to be in the states (o.k. maybe it was purely selfish on my part - easy mail system & packages, close by even if you can't visit or see them - they're at least in the same country, comforts of home still available ((taco bell, mc donalds))...) and ever since his interviews, Scott was convinced it was foreign. I was trying to brace him to not be disappointed. Seems I was wrong, he was right.


A quick check on weather channel dot com looks like the temperature doesn't vary more than 10 degrees between summer and winter, which explains why one website described their seasons as hot and hotter.

Something else I read (isn't google great!) said the city was laid out and planned based on Washington D.C. The streets are hilly like San Francisco.The main city has a population of 5 million. The mission reaches out and covers other areas, I don't know if he'll be in the city the whole time or countryside. But I'm sure he'll grow to love the peopel of....

...


...


...



...



...



...



...



...


...



...



...










Belo Horizonte, Brazil!


Scott will report directly to the MTC in Sau Paulo, Brazil on June 11th.



The winner of the contest would be Jenn's boss, Keen Ellsworth: "Jenn's brother, probably smart, smooth talker and full of fun and laughter. Sounds like a Latino fiesta! I say South America, probably Brazil."

10 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats Scotty! We're so excited for you. Thanks for letting us listen in on the opening of the letter. You'll do an awesome job in Brazil!

Jenn Shields said...

Way to go Scotty! We're really proud of you!!

D'On Marx said...

That's great! My brother went to Portugal for his mission. Our foreign exchange we had a couple of years ago is from Brazil. That's so neat.

Alec and Tiffany said...

Congrats Scotty! How exciting.

Chattin said...

The pics look really pretty! And Portugese, huh? I'm sure you'll pick it up well (Scotty). Taylor is jealous, he wants to go to SA so bad! (Snakes) BUt yeah, is Scott going to be back in time for my wedding (Oct 2010) ? I didn't know if ur mission starts June 11 or you just start learning Portugese on the 11th and then ur mission starts couple months later or something? Idk! Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS! Muy Awesome!

Rebekah Mills said...

hmmmmmm must be a latino thing.Congrats scotty... I'm sure you'll be an awesome possom

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Okay Kim I finnally updated my blog so people will stop thinking you are a fish killer.
Congrats Scotty.

Heidi said...

That's awesome...and much better than Boise, Idaho. Congratulations!! Our nephew Dixon Leavitt also reported directly to the Brazil MTC- Scotty should talk to him.

Rowe Family said...

Awesome!!! Scotty will love it!!

Keli said...

My Brother in Law is working for the US State Department, and lives in Brasilia, Brazil. If for any reason he needs a good American contact, let me know and we can hook them up. And for the record, he loves it there, as does his wife and 3 kids. She says the food is great, and the weather is wonderful. I hope that brings you a little peace of mind.