Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear Brad,

Our convo Monday went something like this:

B-rad: you know that lady that was in a plane crash with her husband, you read her blog?
The Mom: Nie-Nie?
B-rad: yeah, she's going to be on Oprah Thursday.
The Mom: Oh, really. I don't watch Oprah, but I'll have to tape it that day. I'd like to hear what she has to say.


Uh, I taped it. It's Jay-Z and Barbra.

Thanks to the beauty of DDR, I could fast forward through the interview w/Jay-Z because, Oprah really doesn't interview, she talks at her guests the whole time. They should have shown more of the Crazy in Love video, less talking. BUT the funniest was the fact that Oprah, with all her millions, can't bounce!!! Can you believe it? Oh, so, sad. I can bounce better than her.

Then comes the Barbra interview. I slow down and think I'll listen. I like her. (not that I don't like Jay-Z but it's just the whole Oprah interview style that sends me over the top.) Then they start showing pictures of Barbra's vacation food. hit fast forward. Wait, they're laughing, back up. Play. Barbra says something about success doesn't change you, it brings out more of what you already are....And Oprah, OH. MY. GOSH. She's says, "I said that."

Let me put this in caps to emphasize my point: IF YOU'RE INTERVIEWING SOMEONE, BE GRACIOUS AND LET THEM TAKE ALL THE CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING. OPRAH, STOP ONE-UPPING YOUR GUESTS AND BLABBING AT THEM THE WHOLE TIME. YOU HAVE BARBRA IN YOUR STUDIO AND SHE DOESN'T DO INTERVIEWS, SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO HER...

There, I feel better.

More fast forwarding...Barbra doll...awwwwe, here's her singing. Now I know what I can get your grandma for her b-day next month. I've been pondering that all week, she's oh, so hard to buy for. A new Barbra CD, she'll like that.

So let's review: Jay-Z, brief moments of good music, lots of flapping Oprah mouth, no bouncability, Barbra, singing.....No Nie-Nie.

Thanks for the tip and allowing me to only have to actually listen to about 10 mintues out of an hour of Oprah. And you think Glen Beck is irritating?

Love, Mom

P.S. Funny spoof

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I feel the same way about Katie Couric. You can tell if she likes someone because she tells their whole story while interviewing them and doesn't give them a chance to talk. You can tell if she doesn't like someone because she lists things against them and doesn't give them a chance to talk. She drove me crazy the few times I watched her in the mornings!

Kara said...

We rarely, if ever, watch Oprah in our house (Oh, the Blasphemy!! Does that make us less of a mormon?)
She is annoying. ALWAYS talking about herself in interviews. "when i..." "when that happened to me..."

And he still thinks Glenn is irritating.

P.S. He really thought it was on Thursday. But, that wasn't the day we were told.

earlfam said...

You can get me the new Barbra CD. I LOVE her voice! It's like pure beauty (even if her politics stink)/

And I've never even listened to Glenn Beck because I think I would find him annoying even if I agree with his politics.

Weird.....