Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Activities.

Ron & I went to see the Indian Jones movie on Friday night

Drew & Charlie were over for a visit for a little while.

Saturday we went up to St. George. Brian's Grandmother passed away last week and we went to her funeral. Funerals are never my favorite thing to do, but as funerals go, this one was particularly uplifting. Brian gave what was probably the most difficult talk of his life. He did it with poise, confidence, spiritual maturity and elloquence. He had a special relationship with his grandmother and it was very gratifying to see him honor her so well.

While in St. George, I was on a mission of sorts. There's a certain type of dress made by Jody California. They're hard to find. They're usually at Mr. Mac's in the Provo/Salt Lake City area, but I'm not. So for a certain sister missionary who received one of these dresses after I was up there for Women's Conference, the message I received back was that she "love, love, love, loved it. Tell your mom to tell my mom where to buy them and get me a couple more."

She must love it, I have pictures of Sister Catherine in three different settings wearing that dress. So....I called Mr. Macs and they would ship one to me over the phone, but then you're dealing with trying to describe the style I want, blah, blah. I just hadn't done it yet. Mr. Mac's was also kind enough to tell me "all the department stores around here sell them." Remember - I'm not in Provo. So.....I decided to give St. George a try. First stop Christensens. They sell Jody California, but the hip teenage dresses. But they thought Dillards might have what I was looking for. Next stop, Red Cliff's Mall.

It took some searching, but back in the corner of the juniors department were just a couple of the very style of dress I was looking for. Out of the three different colors, and only about 12 dresses hanging there, VIOLA, the right size.

And it was on sale!!! bonus. I think it's safe to show you all, because Sister Higbee doesn't blog stalk any more. Mission accomplished. We finished up our afternoon in St. George by eatting lunch at Cafe Rio. Then on the ride home the air conditioner fan broke in the truck. That was below average.

To finish off the weekend, I present to you Sunday Dinner. If you weren't here, you missed a great meal.

1 comment:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

It looked great the second time around too. Thanks for hanging out with the kids Friday.