Sunday, June 08, 2008

SCOTTY PALOOZA

This weekend has been about all things Scotty. We have the whole family together! I let Scott pick the meals for Thursday (steak, mashed potatoes, cream corn) and Friday (pizza). Saturday was very busy. Family pictures at 8 that's A.M. Which means having everybody up, dressed, and at the park by 8. I was worried that the grandchildren would be cranky so early in the morning, but they were great. I can't wait to get the pictures back. Then we went to the temple together as a family. That was probably the highlight of the week, or the year, actually 28 years in the making. Saturday night was a bbq for family and friends. As the night progressed we notice that it was aunt/uncles/adult friends that were there for the bbq food at 6:30...as the night grew later (and just about as the ice cream bars were brought out) the young adult friends started showing up. They finally moved the party at 11:15 to go bowling. It sure was nice to hear all the kids upstairs in the loft again playing around - I just didn't go up there and take pictures :( But here are a few pictures that I do have.


Pizza


Hallie's here


and in perfect form


Jenn found the Choco Tacos, and Jordan found the ice cream Snickers

Grandma Mitchell here from Texas for Scotty

Charlie will miss Uncle Scotty.

Boys in the kitchen again! Can deffinately tell the outgoing mish...the one with the short hair. Aunt Bekah and Miss Hallie

What? no picture of Drew? He was dissapointed he couldn't ride his scooter on the cement in the backyard with all the people in the way. But he's been here hanging with his uncle. I asked Drew if he was going to go on a mission when he gets bigger like Scotty, "No. I'm going to go to school when I get bigger." That's our boy, short term goals.


7 comments:

Kara said...

It's been so fun! We're glad we could be here for Scotty.

That picture of Hallie doing her yoga moves, cracked me up. She's such a cheeseball!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sorry we couldn't make it.

Chattin said...

Awe, great pictures!! This makes me sad though that I couldn't make it. I'm so sorry Scotty!

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

We had such a good time with all the family this weekend. We love you all.

Jenn Shields said...

This weekend was so fun! We're going to miss Scotty!

Audrey Taylor said...

Speaking about the hair, I'm so glad Scott doesn't flat-iron his hair to his head! He's such a good-looking kid.

Kaufman Family said...

It was great to see you in the temple. I can't wait until all my kids are in the temple together. I felt sad we missed Scotty-palooza, but the kids were in meltdown from the craziness of the weekend. Good Luck Scott and Good luck to you with him leaving. My thoughts are with you.