Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Dog I Love To Hate
I
In one week from today, it's just me and Kruger. Brian the squatter has decided to kick it until the wedding, which is understandable, but he's hardly ever here (summer school, work, Ann...). I've had between 1 and 5 children running around, running me around, and receiving the brunt of my frustrations for 27 years. Next week - you and me, Kruger.

Scott brought Kruger home because if he didn't, his fate was would be a gunshot out in the fields of Alamo. The way I look at it, every day Kruger is alive at my house is a gift from God. There are times when I feel he's overextended his gift time... This morning he was making an awful racket chewing up this water bottle. And he didn't want to do it oh, say, 2700 sq. ft. away from me. Nope, right beside me in the office was the only place possible for this water bottle demolition to take place.

The things you notice in the background when you take pictures that in everyday life you kind of ignore. My in-laws gave me an Uncle Sam holding a flag for Christmas. At the end of December, it was just too cold for the flag-waving Uncle to go out front, so he just got put in the entryway--out of the way. Now that I see it in the back of Kruger's picture, time for Sammy to hit the rocks out front. And while I'm placing things on the rocks out front - I have a lovely waterfall thingy left over from the wedding that I should put out in the front yard too. Perhaps the soothing, babbling water will drown out Kruger's noise.

6 comments:

Rebekah Mills said...

cute pictures of kruger! at least dogs dont crash your cars :)

D'On Marx said...

Dogs are definitely a love/hate relationship. Cute dog, though.

Chattin said...

Kruger is soo cute! You def got yourself a buddy there!

Jill Johnson said...

He is cute. I knew you would put your 2 cents in about the large ward. Could you hear anything on Sunday? All I could hear was the congregation talking!!! Too many PEOPLE!!!!!

Jeannie, Kent & K said...

Hey Kim, I've started blogging again. Our website is KJKCallaway.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

If your house is too quiet I'd be more than happy to share my four hooligans with you during the summer!