Thursday, September 27, 2007

Time for Something NEW

I'm getting tired of celebrating the life of Scotty, so it's definately time for something new on this page. Nothing has really been happening. Well, in the unusual category, in the last two days I've had visits from DHL (400 miniture chinese take-out boxes), UPS (cute black flat shoes with woven ribbons in a huge size 11 from Nordstroms), FedEx (replacement phone for Brian who blames Jennifer for dropping and breaking his old phone), and finally USPS (3 boxes of checks). Not bad for a house at the very edge of town.

Two weeks ago Ron & I decided to go out to dinner on a Saturday night. So I said, "Hey, call Bekah. David's working tonight, maybe she wants to go with us." Bekah says she was going to 'hang with Jenn' but Jenn always ditches me so let me call and make sure she's ditching me so I can go with you guys. Two phone calls later, now Rebekah, Jenn, and Jordan are going to dinner with us. Then we showed up at On The Border, and sitting with the kids was Brian - such a squatter move to find out we were going to dinner and join in. Rush to judgement there - he was meeting up with his own group of friends, we just happened to arrive at the same time. Just so you know, Brian, squatters are always welcome at dinner with us. Brian came very close to losing house priviledges though by informing the waiters that it was my birthday. The more people find out I don't like this, the more they think it's funny to have me humiliated in public all days of the year. Grrrrrrr.





And as I finish this up - can you believe it - here's FedEx AGAIN (contract from a general contractor up in Utah) If shipping rates go up in the next week, it's because all these guys had to drive to the edge of town to get to my house, and even though $21.00 for overnight is high, I know it doesn't cover the several gallons it takes for one of those trucks to make the trek out here :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat, Dad

Anonymous said...

why am i still awake at 3:25 in the morning? honestly please tell me.

Anonymous said...

Brian Blakley is a good looking guy