Monday, December 14, 2009

I love Macayos - almost as much as a pure native does. Did you know our new habitat is LESS THAN A MILE from a Macayos? Whoo-hoo. For the last 4.5 years when we've trekked across town to sit down at Macayos I would try and convince the waitress and powers-that-be that the northern end of town needs a Macayos. May I suggest Decatur & 215. But now, we're less than a mile away again.


Non-LV readers don't know about Macayos. It's a half step up from La Tolteca (without the ability to buy tortillas by the dozen, salsa by the quart, and chips by the pound) You know...I actually should do a whole post on the greatness that is La Tolteca, and how there are no corn tortillas in my freezer, therefore a trip south is in order, or someone driving by needs to pick up a few dozen for me...

Back to Macayos and why my sink looks like this.

A week ago Saturday I kept busy all morning and at 3 layed down for a nap. Big mistake. I was more tired than I realized and woke up at 6:30. Who wants to fix dinner on a Saturday night, starting at 6:30? So I say to Ron, "We should just go over to Macayos."

Ron panics. Thinks quick. He needs to nip this in the bud or it will be Macayos for dinner 3 nights a week. To which he responds: Don't we have leftovers in the fridge?

And I'm all like, It would be so much faster just to go over there.

And He's like, I know there's steak in there, some roast beef.

And I'm all like, Yeah, there's meat. But there's nothing else.

But he's all like, we shouldn't waste the food.

And I'm all like I know how to pick my fights and $25 at Macayos tonight just isn't worth it.

So....I took potatoes, peeled, boiled, cut up, cooked, mashed, served.

Fixed vegetables.

Heated up the roast beef.

30 minutes later Ron had a complete meal. My sink that was totally clean at 6:30, was full of dishes again.

And I was all like, pollo espinaca would have been so much easier.

3 comments:

Chattin said...

Awe! I'm sorry you didn't get your Macayo's. That's such a man vs woman argument haha. I hope you have since had a chance to get you some with it being so close and all. I remember eating there with y'all a couple years back. 'twas really good :)

Chattin said...

Ps: I like the ticker for Scotty's homecoming, I can't believe how fast it's coming up!

Heidi said...

I always tell Andrew that he never takes me to Macayos. I love it as much as a native as well, But I guess the native I'm married to is a little sick of it after 34 years.....
And I vote for one at Decatur and 215 as well! Good to chat with you on the phone the other day :)