Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hallie is F.A.M.O.U.S.

The first week of November, Ron & I traveled down to San Diego to visit with Brad and Kara and Hallie.




Hallie is growing up so fast. Isn't this just the cutest picture of how she puts away her shoes when she comes home!

That's just to catch you up a bit on what we were doing when I wasn't blogging. On to how Hallie is famous.

Back in the beginning of August when I was in San Diego, Brad and I had this conversation:

Brad: Have you heard of some lady that was in a bad private plane crash and blogs about it?

Me: Nie-nie?

Brad: What?

Me: That's her blog name. Stephanie Nielsen.

Brad: Oh, whatever. Well, we're going to her sister's house for dinner Friday night.

Me: Thinking hard. Hmmm. Don't remember any of her family members that live in San Diego. We continue on chatting a bit. He tells me about this couple in his ward that they enjoy doing stuff with.

Then I put the pieces together.

You mean Elizabeth?

Brad: Yeah, the Bryants.

Me: YOU KNOW LIZZY WRITES?

Brad: who?

Me: Lizzy Writes, About Whatever She Fancies. You know her?

Brad: um, I don't think so.

Me: No, that's Nie-Nie's sister-in-law. Oh, my gosh. I didn't know you knew her. That's right, they did move to San Diego, he graduated ASU and got a job here, she's pregnant with a boy and just had the most darling baby shower...

Brad: You'll have to talk to Kara, I don't know all this blog stuff. [which is a total lie because I know Brad is a closet blog reader...]

Me: That's so weird you know Lizzy Writes

Brad: That's so weird you know more about our friends than we do.

Me: You're going over there for dinner? That should be a treat, she looks like a great cook.

Now. To tell you the truth this conversation really bugged me for a while. I have a list of blogs that i read. Many of them are extended family to keep up with their lives. Then there's another list of blogs I have come across as I've stalked, and literally, peaking in on these blogs is pretty much like stalking someone. But they write and put it out there, so I feel o.k. stalking. Lizzy Writes just has cool style. She enjoys cooking and entertaining and so I peak in on her blog to she how she's given the latest halloween party or whatever. I just like her style. but she was just someone out there. Not someone that knows my son. That makes her real. Can you stalk a real person? That thought kind of creeped me out.

Great. My son has become friends with Lizzy Writes and now I'm going to have to stop reading her blog cause that's just weird. I broke up with Lizzy Write About Whatever She Fancies.

I vowed to stop clicking in on her blog which worked for a while until curiosity got the best of me one night and I wondered if she'd had her baby yet. You know what I saw? Kara in a picture! Yep, there she is 2nd from the right. During my absense (of a couple weeks...) she had changed the blog name and layout, but it's still Lizzy Writes to me.

This week - Hallie got a shout out in Lizzy Writes! I was scrolling through the Decked Out Lizzy Writes abode, and right there next to the wooden nativity for little hands to play with was Hallie's name. I only know one Hallie. Sure enough that link clicked over to Brad & Kara's Blog.

Thank You to Lizzy Writes, aka Simple Fancies, for watching out for Hallie and providing a nativity for her to play with. I have my own simple wooden nativity just waiting for her little hands to come play with on the 23rd.

(And now, since it's after 8, I'm going to try and track down Miss Hallie who is actually here for her aunt's UNLV graduation....I would love to get a quick hug and kiss with that little cutie before she flies away)


1 comment:

lizzywrite said...

You are too funny, "Brad's mom"! David and I love Brad and Kara and Hallie - we're so glad to be their friends. And Hallie loves baby "Yill-yam". :) I think it's funny when people think it's weird to read strangers' blogs. I read lots of people's blogs who I only "know" through the internet, so read on!