Tuesday, September 09, 2008

all smiles this week :)


Yes, I canned the salsa. It was our family night. Actually while I did the canning portion, ron was checking craigs list, ebay, off-roading tires online. It works for our 'family' now. We finished up with nachos to taste the new salsa. I was so happy with this, I think I need to do two more batches. That would get me through the winter and spring.

As we relaxed on the couch watching a show about who shot JFK on the history channel, I heard the familiar canning sound that makes me smile....ping. The jars were sealing.

So many things to smile about this week. Still smiling about the ward being split. I can't wait to go Sunday and see how it looks! I'm betting I'll still be a Sunday School teacher. Out of my class, all the boys remain in the ward and 2 of the 5 girls.

The next thing that has me smiling is I found a new adult continueing education class to go to (adult institute class). I've made the rounds through the valley. I went to Ginger Ewell in the Las Vegas Stake for 3 years. Then I went out to Norm Gardner in the Warm Springs Stake for 5 years. He was masterful. Awesome. Worth the drive. When he ditched (reassigned is the correct CES term) Las Vegas to be the Tucson Institute Director, I was sad. But Br. Rasmussen took his place. I was back in business. THEN.....Br. Ras moved the class to Friday. Fridays are so busy for me with the business. I had to stop going.

After a year and a half, I knew I needed to get back to going to a class. I was going to start this one last January, but something came up and I couldn't go. All summer I was determined to check this class out come fall. I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. First day of class came, and I have jury duty and have to miss it...bummer. But today - I was there. I've hit gold again. Teaching is in the masterful category. Awesome. Worth the drive.

New institute class to go to, I'm all smiles.

It's just nice to have a week full of smiles.

I know, I know, watch out...

4 comments:

Amir B. said...

Hi! I love reading your posts Kim!! It makes miss you! Home made salsa.. sounds great! love ya!

Ashley said...

Yum, Yum on the salsa. I have lots of canning jars if you want some to borrow. I am sure I will use them some day but not this year. I am glad you like your institute class. So what days do you do harp now?

Heidi said...

Isn't that salsa so yummy? I made 8 quarts and I'm hoping it lasts until next years' tomato crop!

I'm also anxious to see how the ward looks on Sunday - Brother Johnson told us we lost 300 people. I bet there's still competition for the soft seats!

Karen and John said...

Institute sounds like such a fun class to go too, thats good that you found another one that is so great. I am so excited for our new relief society presidenty, You ladies are going to do great!