Monday, March 17, 2008

CON TE PARTIRO'

Time to say goodbye

Next overdue update. Time to say goodbye to Lexi.


I was going to try and hold on till the fall, but worried what breakdowns might occur this summer. 120 degree Las Vegas heat tends to bring out the worst in engines and if anything's going to break, the heat will do it. So a few weeks ago I unexpectedly got an offer for Lexi which was too good to pass up, the logical side of my brain took over and she was sold. After 4 years and 134,000 miles she is now a memory.

There were three things that made Lexi awesome:
  • Bose sound system
  • Navigation system
  • Backup camera.

In any car I'm driving, I'm constantly looking at the dashboard now - before I backup, when I'm wondering what the next street is I'm coming up on. I know I was at that construction office 2 years ago, how do I get there again?

The music was the best. The official CD of Lexi was Confessions, by Usher; with Yeah! the theme song. It could be found in CD position #2. Open up the sun roof, crank the radio, and goooooo!

I am a major SUV/truck lover so I'm on the lookout for I think a Tahoe/Yukon. I like the new '07 models, but the above three items have me spoiled and to get the top of the line model that has upgraded stereo/nav sys/backup camera, it's a pretty penney. And in today's economy with the penney costing 1.7 cents to make, that could be a problem. I'll probably end up driving around Scotty's truck when he leaves (shhhh, don't tell him, he doesn't like to hear that) and then look for something next fall.

In the meantime I'll leave you with another song that I loved to play in Lexi. Your computer speakers will not do this justice, but in Lexi, this song sounded great.



Good-bye to Lexi

5 comments:

D'On Marx said...

I'm so ready for a new car, but we have to wait a little bit longer. My dream car right now is a diesel, VW Passat

You know what's so sad, the first time I ever saw him perform on t.v., I could NOT figure out why he wouldn't look at the audience. I do now.

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

You forgot about the awesome seat warmers. Thanks for letting me borrow Lexi so much the last couple of months. If I was home bound for 2 months I would have been about 20 lbs heavier.

Kara said...

There were some good memories made with that car.
R.I.P Lexi

Jenn Shields said...

I am too, saddened by her passing. She will deeply be missed. But wahoo to car shopping, I love that. New wheels are always fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron & Kim: This is Dee Schultz. Remember me. You have a nice blog. Just one question. Who is the Zabriskie Family you know. I have Zabriskie's on my family tree. Just interested.
Dee Schultz