Saturday, January 26, 2008

TWINS: Twice as Nice

Has it REALLY been 21 Years???




Happy Birthday to Jennifer & Rebekah

It's taken me so long just to do a slide show tonight. I wanted it to be just right, but it took forever to find a song. The N'sync songs weren't working...So I've come close getting this ready by the midnight time limit.

This afternoon we went and saw 27 dresses. It was fun. The husbands, Jordan & Dave, owe me for sparing them both this chick-flick. Here's 21 facts about The Twins:

  1. They were not born premature and weighed 7 1/2 pounds each
  2. Both took dance lessons for several years
  3. Jenn competed in gymnastics for 3 years
  4. Rebekah took voice and music lessons
  5. Both played softball from age 5-17 (on different teams).
  6. Bekah played basketball at Kenney Guinn M.S./Jenn was a cheerleader
  7. They wore matching clothes until they were about 4.
  8. From 4-7 I bought them the same clothes, but they didn't match on the same day anymore. After 8 their individual styles were so different they just had a couple of dresses that matched that they would wear on special days. After 12 they refused to ever wear matching dresses.
  9. Their hair styles were named: Top up/Bottom down
  10. Inside-out pony tail
  11. Braids, one or two. French or inside-out.
  12. Pony tail twist.
  13. They were in the same class at school until 5th grade, after that they were always in separate classes.
  14. They went to different high schools.
  15. They had different sets of friends they hung out with. Jennifer was a 'the more the merrier' and was always with a LARGE group. Rebekah is more of a one-on-one type of friend.
  16. Both received their Young Women Medallions
  17. Both graduated high school early (Jenn as a junior, Bekah one semester early)
  18. In 7th grade they both had an assignment to write a special essay. Rebekah agonized over making it just right. Jenn was busy being social and came in at the last minute, dug through the trashcan in their room looking through Bekah's wadded up rejects. Choosing one she thought was just fine, she rewrote it in her handwriting and turned it in. It won a Clark County School District contest with an award. I didn't know anything about what had happened, until they walked through the door screaming at each other: "you stole my paper" "You threw it away"
  19. Jenn collects hoodies, shoes, & purses.
  20. Rebekah collects recipes & movies.
  21. They are two totally unique individuals with equally outstanding qualities

Whenever anyone would say, "twins, double trouble." I always told them, "Oh, I think it's Twice as Nice." Thanks for proving me right. I can't imagine our family without you both.

5 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Love the essay stealing, never heard that story before.

Heidi said...

I love this blog thing because you get to know people better - I had NO idea that those 2 girls were twins!!! Sounds like they are completely different though!

Richard and Joleen said...

Great blogging Kim. I love your work. What wonderful girls you have. Thanks for sharing! You are so talented on the cp. Someday we may even get DSL oh my! This dial up stinks. JH

Jenn Shields said...

Thanks mom! Happy Birthday to me!

Aubrey said...

Cute idea, 21 fun facts! I LOVED the essay story, and #9 rings true tp me...I always asked my mom to do "top up, bottom down" with my hair.