Saturday, December 08, 2007

Don't Mess With Foreigner

Matt and Ashley were riding in the back seat of Lexi with us last night. I was doing my usual flip through radio channels, "FINALLY a good song, about time." I'm sitting there listening to the radio, enjoying the ride home when from the backseat I hear Matt telling Ashley halfway under his breath, "This is one of my mom's favorite bands. The only way you can hear them is if you own an 8-track player."

That's just not true. They've been digitized.

I've owned (I guess I should say we've. If I bought it for Ron for his 17 or 18th birthday, then inherited it back when we got married, then I can claim possession, right?) several albums in multi-media form -- album, 8-track, cassette, CD:
Eagles, Hotel California; Boston; Supertramp, Breakfast in America. Those are the ones I can think of in all four formats. But there are lots I had either album/8-track/cassette and switched to CD format: Journey, Foreigner, Styx, Queen, The Police. (If I'm going to somewhat represent Ron here, I must confess that he had a lot of Ted Nugent stuff. It was actually the first thing I'd eject out of the 8-track player when I hopped in the truck, and I never felt the need to replace it with CD format. However, I will watch his hunting shows on VH1. To give Ron equal time, he would say he listened to WAY too much Barry Manilow to make me happy.)

Just so you know, Matt, Foreigner is CLASSIC. You can never tire of listening to them. Oh so many choices, which song should represent?


7 comments:

Kara said...

I think the best part of that video is that ladies RAD hair in the first 8-10 seconds. After that, sorry to say, I couldn't watch.

Kim Marx said...

Hey, now. My hair was like that for years...

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

WOW they had video capapbilities way back then I had no idea.

Heidi said...

I must be old too because Foreigner ROCKS!! My older brother listened to that music all the time hence I love it!!

Jill Johnson said...

Hey, easy Matt, Foreigner Rocks! They are a classic and so are the hairdos from then. I even remember 8 tracks. Everytime my kids put a game in the Nintendo 64 I think of the old 8 track, they look just like them.

Rowe Family said...

Ya tell the kids those are classic bands. WOW those were the days!!! Journey, Foreigner, Styx... Brings back lots of memories.

camille kempton said...

Rock on Kim!!! You are one the hippest grandmas ever when it comes to music. I'm not to much younger than you but I have older siblings and listened to just about all of those. In fact I just bought Rich an updated Police cd for christmas. He'll never read this so I can tell.