Friday, September 15, 2006


Early Morning Fun

This is the great group of kids I spend every morning with. This was the first day of school, a few more have started coming or were moved into my class, so now we're at at least 30 everyday. This year will be awesome, Joseph Smith, Church History, how can it not be!

Other news in the fam...Ron and Matt went to Brianhead on kind of a spur-of-the-moment idea this afternoon. So Ashley, Drew & I went to the Eagle Court of Honor for Ryan and Jacob. Dinner at Mimi's Cafe. For a two year-old, Drew can eat!!! 4 pieces of zuchini bread, quesidilla, fries -- all dipped in ketchup. We came back to the house and Drew started crying when I kissed him goodbye, he wanted to go inside Grandma's house, so a quick visit with Scott and friends who were playing Play Station football, pingpong, and foosball all at the same time. These kids are multitalented - they can do all this while text messaging friends too.

Jenn went to Mesa to check out the condo she will be living in and the roommates. She also had two interviews on Thursday. On Friday she was called back to a second interview at one of the companies and offered a job!!! Way to go Jenn. She sounds so excited for her new adventure in life. Time to move out on her own and ready for new scenery. After a long tough summer, she deserves a fun time. She moves the end of the month and starts her new job on Oct 2nd.

Rebekah has been super busy with two jobs right now. The pool will become part time in October, hope she can hang in there in the meantime! Dinner Sunday night, be there or be square!

Since I'm Ron-less tonight, I had time to surf around a little bit tonight and got caught up with so much going on in the Durham family, they're moving all over the place! Which left me wondering, does anybody else ever click on the links on Kara's page and check this out? Hmmmm. When I grow up I want to be like kara's grandmother - leaving notes to everybody on their blog. That is so cool. Do you know how many grandmother's are technology challenged, way to go grandma Irene.

Scott asked a girl to homecoming, "I'd be a lucky duck if you would go to homecoming with me." She responded yes - so those plans are underway. I was asked tonight if I could put the limo rental on my credit card. Ughhhhh. Any other time I've said, "don't waste your money doing that, wait till you're a senior." Now what do I say? At least I'm not shopping every store in town looking for a modest dress -- reserving the limo is way less stressful!


Good Luck, Brad. Don't worry about your test too much, I'm possitive you'll do fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Kim I do read your blog. Such a fun way to keep up with family news.
Ashley

Kara said...

What a great blog. My grandma is pretty cool. And really funny that she comments on everything! And yep, my family is in the moving business right now. I'm glad Jenn got a job and kinda sad that Scott is taking someone besides me to prom. Although, I don't think it would fly with Brad if he had asked me :)

Christen said...

Hi Mama Marx! This is Kara's sister Christen... just wanted you to know that I check out your blog all the time. Keep the updates a comin'!