to-do list. Still haven't painted the fencing around the garden though :(
Aren't these pretty!
These are some of the lovely Young Women in our ward. Each ward in the stake was asked to have a building open house. This was our room display about the Young Women's program of the church.
The first table was about the individual classes, logo, etc. The middle table was a girls' camp display and the third table was about Personal Progress. When visitors came by the girls walked them through each of the displays and explained what they do in the program. I was so proud of them! They were understandably scared and nervous, but they did a fabulous job.
Other non-filmed activities for the month:
- I started a juice fast. Several blogs and people on facebook had mentioned this so one night I watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and decided to give it a try. I'm three weeks in. I can't go the full 60 days at this time, but I will probably go another week or two. I have a year plan so I'm really hoping this helps jumpstart better eatting choices. blah, blah, blah. Who wants to hear about somebody's diet???
- One day I clean one side of the drive way of various tools, trash, left over remodeling supplies, etc. It filled two trash cans. And moved several things to the shop. It may sound dumb in print, but I can't tell you how bad it bugs me to drive up into a mess. And there are several mess spots at this time. So cleaning one area gave me excitement and hope that the other 4 areas I have in mind will get cleaned up as well. One improvement project around here that didn't cost any money. finally.
- Ron spent a saturday afternoon hooking up the water heater to the casita. Wiring plumbing, etc.
- The Relief Society general broadcast was last Saturday. President Uchdorf gave a fantastic talk. I love sitting back and just melting into the bench like he is talking to my soul.
- I ordered strawberry plants yesterday, so I guess I will spend this weekend (in between conference sessions) getting some beds reading for planting.