Sunday, February 28, 2010

G.E.O.G.R.A.P.H.Y



I have had a many phone calls in the last two days. Everyone wants to make sure Elder Marx is o.k. from the earthquake. I have been so touched at everyone's concern. I'm assuming he didn't feel anything. I won't know for sure until Wednesday.



For a lot of people, like me, geography class in 8th grade was along time ago.

Here is a visual of where Scott is serving:


View Larger Map

He is in the Belo Horizone Mission which is about 2,381 miles away from the earthquake area.

For North American comparison, it's comparable to the distance between Los Angeles and Savanah, Georgia.

Which is why I don't think he felt it, and I'm assuming he's o.k. But I am so thankful there's so many people who care about him and inquired.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should mention that another Elder Marx (Brad) served from '01-'03 in Santiago, Chile.

No comments: