Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hi There, How are 'Ya

It's official. I just downloaded an album from iTunes that was sorely needed in my library. I don't know why it took me so long. I can't tell you how many times at a stoplight I've spun that little wheel looking for one of these songs, only to say to myself, "Geez, you need to get that album on here."

I have now owned this Album in:
  • Album
  • 8-track
  • Cassette tape
  • CD
  • iTunes/iPod

It joins itself right next to Boston and Breakfast in America as albums I have owned in all formats. These albums are the best. All the songs on them are great. You can listen over and over and never get tired of the music. They should all thank me for my 30+ years of loyalty.

It seems like lately artists aren't making albums where you listen to the whole thing, you just buy selected songs that you like. Maybe I could make an exception for Confessions by my boy Usher, but there are actually a few songs there that I hit skip on. So for now, these are my top 3 all-time favorites owned in all formats. There are a very few others, but they don't make the all-formats list. Don't feel bad Journey, Foreigner, The Police, The Best of Bread, I just didn't buy the album or 8-track.

Here's a glimpse of lyrics - do you know what all-time great album I downloaded?

Hi there, how are ya?

it's been a long time.

Seems like we've come a long way.

My, but we learn so slow

And heroes they come and they go

And leave us behind as if we're s'pposed to know why.

Why do we give up our hearts to the past?

And why must we grow up so fast?

Comment with your guess, and I'll let you know next time.

11 comments:

Chattin said...

Oh yeah! That is Joe Walsh singing Pretty Maids all in a Row! Beautiful song!

Chattin said...

... I don't know the album name and I'm not going to cheat but I know the song because I listen to it on H-F-O

Kim Marx said...

Nice work, Amanda. What is H-F-O? If I need to now get this in another format, ugggghhhhh.

LGTownsend said...

I got through my freshman year at BYU with this album!! HOTEL CALIFORNIA-heck yeah!
(and a little Boston too)
Albums in my collection that you can listen to in their entirety:
Dave Matthews: Busted Stuff
The Who: Greatest Hits Collection
Jamiriquoui: High Times Singles
The Killers: Hot Fuss
Moby: Go
RocknRoll

Chattin said...

Hell-Freezes-Over... So I guess the original album is Hotel California?

Kim Marx said...

lol. Gotcha. I like the version of Hotel California on Hell Freezes Over better than the original, it has the acoustical version, right? I'm assuming you know it's named that because when the Eagles broke up everybody was always asking them to get back together and they said they wouldn't get back together until Hell Freezes Over. In the mean time, Glen Frye did a great job in the Miami Vice era.

Jenn Shields said...

you three and your oldies music. you should now do a post on me introducing you to pandora.com last night. radio, without the commercials. perfect for a long days work at the computer. and can you believe i might possibly be the only person on the planet without itunes.

LGTownsend said...

Frye did good in Miami Vice era, but I think Don Henley even did better (and some of his songs ended up on MV too)
Jenn: Oldies music??? You mean CLASSIC music.

Missty said...

Love it!! And just so you know. Matt has a good friend who lives NEXT DOOR to Don Henley. We saw the Eagles last year with 2 $250.00 tickets he got us!! Way good!! One of the best concerts ever!! We were so close you could see his shoe was untied!!

Anonymous said...

no no dear lisa, i feel the need to chime in here jen is correct oldie music, its a generation rotation thing.. mitalica, greenday nervana, sublime,ext.
anthing that came out on vinal or 8 track def oldie imo.....matt

Anonymous said...

情人趣味千奈,情人趣味用品店,
跳蛋情人趣味,情人趣味用品,
跳蛋影片,自慰,
自慰器,自慰杯,
跳蛋,情趣用,
按摩棒,按摩棒,
飛機杯loveoyea,吊帶襪,
性感內衣,情人趣味愛蜜莉,
情人趣味用品液,影音情人趣味,
情人節禮物,情人趣味愛戀,
情趣用品,情趣,