Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Latest Happenings:


I don't think I ever put pictures from the Easter egg hunt on the blog.












We went to the fair. Drew loved running from ride to ride. And he didn't have very much patience, either. If he had to wait more than one turn of the ride, he jumped out of the line and ran to the next one. As the day wore on he got the hang of it and was excited to wait, and wait, and wait for the roller coster. He finally ended up as the first person at the head of the line and just stared through the bars waiting for his turn to run to a seat.











































The singles ward had a talent show and Brian and Scotty were the MCs:
Brian also jammed with some fellow ward members:He always stresses that it could have been better, but I enjoyed hearing them. Although nothing compares with the one act where the girl played the harmonica with her nose.

Catherine (now Sister Higbee) spoke in sacrament meeting Sunday, and we hosted a luncheon for her afterwards:


























Charlie started out the luncheon in a beautiful dress similar to this one:


I need to get a collection of t-shirts and shorts in the appropriate size. After a slight diaper mishap, all we had for her to wear was a left-over t-shirt from Jenn's room. If you're a young mother reading this and struggling getting your baby to use sign language, the trick is give them brownies! Charlie was happy to demonstrated her sign language skills asking for more.














And to end the post I have this picture:
Who would have thought a box of dishwasher soap could make me cry.

These all in one detergent/non spot packets really work the best in my dishwasher. After that my second choice is powder. Liquid dishwasher soap just doesn't work in this model for some reason. I opened a new box yesterday. I had been wondering the last two weeks while the previous box dwindled down just how long does it take for me to go through this box. So today I reached for my trusty 'ole sharpy that I keep in the kitchen. Years ago the sharpy used to write kids names on their lunch bags, but now it just sits in the pen holder for occassional uses like this. I wrote the date on it and thought to myself, "we'll just see how long it actually lasts." There's 90 tablets, so if I were to use one a day, that takes me to the end of July.

Wow, the end of July, perhaps even August or September, I don't run the dishwasher everyday any more (for the same reason I don't use the sharpy pen everyday any more.) Do you know how much my life is going to change by the end of July? By the time this box runs out Brian the squatter will have moved up to Provo to get settled in for BYU. Scott will be down in Brazil. Brad and Kara will be in San Diego.
Things will be different in my life when I open the next box of dishwasher soap.

5 comments:

Chattin said...

I am that same way when it comes to thinking how long something is going to last then I'll ponder off and think what will be going on at that time and then I'll think "wow, it sounds far but I know in 3 months I'll be looking back on this day like it was yesterday". Haha.

Jenn Shields said...

Oh mom, that makes me so sad! That isn't right for the dishwashing soap to be so mean to you.

Well look forward to our trip next weekend because it's going to be alot of fun!!

Brian said...

but just think. with only you and ron at home you will use a whole lot less dish soap. this both cuts down on doing and dishes and saves money. (definitly a squatter tactic) on another note i think we should let drew contribute to the blog... i dont think we have given his story about the fish enough attention...and while i am randomly changing subjects i would also like to mention that Brian and Scott were off the hook at that talent show!

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Those were some pretty yummy brownies.

I agree with Brian we need to revisit the fish story it is a classic. You should the story on your sidbar so it is readable all the time.

Heidi said...

I love the new fish picture on the blog - I laughed at that.

When the dish soap runs out you could switch to paper plates!