Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Think I Need a Sunrise,
I'm Tired of Sunsets




Rebekah has accepted an interpreting assignment in. . .BOSTON!!!


Before she packed up her car, we gathered together at Macaroni Bar & Grill. Boston is 2,708 miles away. That's pretty far. I have a hard time getting down to San Diego for a visit, but Boston? I've always wanted the kids to do what they're interested in, and Rebekah is deffinately talented at sign interpretation. She's interested in several colleges that are out in that area where she could further her studies. I'm so proud of her for making this hard decision. I will be praying for her greatest success in this endeavor.

She will miss the exciting things in Vegas life, like Sunday night dinners at our house, movies with the fam, but Boston sure has enough activities to try and fill up her time.

It seems that Agustana wrote their big hit especially for her. . . you know you want to sing along


She said I think I'll go to Boston,
I think I'll start a new life,



I think I'll start it over
where no one knows my name.


I'll get out of {Nevada},
I'm tired of the weather


I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired,

I think I need a new town,
to leave this all behind.
I think I need a sunrise,
I'm tired of the sunsets,
I hear it's nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice.

Boston, where no one knows my name...
Boston.

3 comments:

Rebekah Mills said...

That was a wonderful tribute! An entire post that's all about muah! :) I love you guys and I'll miss you too.

ashley said...

I LITERALLY HEARD THAT SONG THE OTHER DAY..the thursday before she left to be exact, and thought of the exact same thing! CRAZY.

Missty said...

What a fun and busy summer you all are having! And how exciting for Rebekah! I know how you feel. We have two across the country, and I miss them so much!