Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The National Family Holiday
a.k.a. Kim's birthday



The kids did a great job thinking of how to celebrate my birthday. We started with dinner at Dick's. I had heard this was a fun restaurant where the waiters were rude. Um, yes, they're rude, but also kind of on the raunchy side. So....I was glad we got there early in the evening (less than half the tables were full when we got there) and had kids with us. . .I think it tamed things down a bit. By the time we left they were getting louder and busier. I had mentioned several months ago I wanted to eat there, and my kids remembered and they planned stop #1 on the National Family Holiday Tour at this restaurant.


This is Charlie's hat. It says, "High Maintenance Princess in Training." If you notice in picture #1 the table behind us was full of elderly patrons. And if you can enlarge picture #2 at all, this old man wore this hat loud and proud all through dinner. I kept staring at it and wondering if the fragile woman sitting across from him had any idea what he was wearing. It just kind of surprised me he kept it on.




Stop #2 on the National Family Holiday Tour was Chuckie Cheese! I love to play skee ball. So we played arcade games.









This is the only good picture of Drew, he runs from game to game in this place making all other pictures a blur.







Charlie enjoyed all the games. whether she knew what she was doing or not.








Skee ball competition. Even with Rebekah removing her stillettoes, she could not pull off a high score.









Tickets






Matt & I decided we would compete best of three on this pinball game.








Matt's highest score.








My highest score.








Ron stepping up to the plate






One coin. Played forever. Totally smoked our scores. He's a pinball wizard.




Cashing in the tickets. The final total was around 360 tickets. Drew and Charlie cashed in on 3 tootsie rolls, 1 play microphone, 1 annoying little gun with lights and noises, 2 crazy straws, and 2 bracelets.
I cashed in on a cute pair of shoes, a new purse, and paper white flowers. A wonderful evening - Thanks kids.

6 comments:

Chattin said...

I can't believe y'all went to Dicks! I've only heard about it but idk if I could do it, but you survived so I probably could. I love ski-ball too!

Chattin said...

... oh and the Pinball Wizard reference... nice! Teenage Wasteland is my favorite from them

earlfam said...

You need to go to the pinball place. It's on Topicana &.....Eastern, I think (I'll be more specific when you're actually ready to go.) It's run by this crazy (in a good way) guy who has been collecting pin ball machines his whole life. He has machines from the early 20th century all the way up to current ones. He used to just keep them in a big warehouse and he would open them up to all his friends every couple of months so that they could get played (it's good for the machines). That's how we first heard about it 15 years ago. But now he has them in this strip mall and it's open to the public, but all the proceeds go to charity, cause really he's just a pinball nut with a really good heart. It's far away but you can have a lot of fun for $10. It's worth the trip once a year or so.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I think precise post. Especially the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theblogmoney.com