Friday, March 20, 2009

KOMP vs. BECK

for YEARS during our evening catch-up-on-your-day conversations, Ron will say something like: You should have heard what they were talking about on KOMP this morning with Craig Williams...

I roll my eyes and he goes over some story in great detail.

Lately I have a comeback with: You should have heard what Glen Beck was talking about on his show today...

Ron rolls his eyes. Thanks to the wonders of DVR, I don't tell him about it - I make him sit there and watch it.

Thanks to the wonders of being able to embed videos, you can too:



I know it's G.B.'s job to hype things up just a bit. I also know that I listen to conservative news and my dad listens to the liberal side, so if I'm ever going to have a conversation with him, I better know both sides of the story. I had some sleepless moments last night, so in the wee hours of the morning I started googling. Started with "fed prints more money" I had two hours of reading at my fingertips. Seems it isn't hyped up, it's a pretty serious situation. The official term for the Fed printing money out of no where is QUANTITATIVE EASING. If you're not sure of what HYPERINFLATION is, it isn't good either. There's a couple of countries doing this same quantitative easing right now. It was some interesting reading. We'll see how it all plays out.

There were all kinds of accounting theorums and big words and soon, I was asleeping again.

Now that I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed, I need to go get my copier busy, I could use some extra money myself.

1 comment:

Missty said...

I am so glad you found me!! Here is my new email, just got it yesterday. misstywise@yahoo.com. I have had my AOL for baout 15 years, and am having problems so giving it up. On to Yahoo. lol

Email me and we will get caught up. Wow, is everyone but Scott married? And grand kids! Way fun!! Email me!!